Authentic matcha is an ancient shade-grown Japanese green tea that has been part of the Zen Buddhist culture for many centuries. With authentic matcha, only the fine top leaves of the shade-grown tea plant (veins and stems removed) are slowly stone ground into an ultra-fine, jewel-green powder and dissolved in water when brewed. It is the only form of tea in which the whole leaf is consumed, giving you 100% of its powerful arsenal of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and amino acids, making matcha one of the healthiest beverages on earth. To match the potency found in a single serving of matcha, you would need to drink at least ten cups of brewed green tea. At Cuppa Tea, we pride ourselves on our authenticity and quality.
Matcha is an Antioxidant Powerhouse!
- Matcha is rich in EGCG which is a potent antioxidant. The ORAC test developed by the USDA discovered that matcha possesses far more antioxidants than pomegranates, blueberries or even kale. Matcha’s ORAC rating is a mighty 1384 units/g, compared to pomegranate’s 29 units/g, blueberries’ 24 units/g or kale’s 18 units/g.
- Matcha provides sustained energy for up to 4 hours, so you never experience the “crash” that follows when you drink coffee. Also, unlike coffee, the caffeine in matcha is alkalizing rather than acidic.
- Matcha contains up to 137 times more EGCG than all other tea!
Matcha contains Nature’s Highest source of L-theanine!
- Matcha is nature’s highest source of L-theanine, a rare amino acid which helps to achieve a state of relaxed alertness. It works synergistically with the caffeine found in matcha, promoting concentration and clarity of mind without any of the nervous energy produced by coffee.
- L-theanine also creates a sense of well-being helping you through challenges in daily life. Matcha contains 6 times more amino acid than common black and green teas!
- Matcha is 10 times more potent than steeped green tea Matcha is bursting with chlorophyll
- Matcha contains easily-absorbable dietary fiber
- Matcha offers vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, selenium, chromium and zinc among many other nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
- The effects of drinking matcha are immediately noticeable due to its ultra-fine consistency which accelerates entry into the body!